Thanks for stopping by and Welcome to Renus Home. This is my first post on this blog. This Eggless banana cake is a welcome treat appreciating your visit here.
Banana and chocolate are made for each other and this combo makes the cakes moist and delicious that one would get addicted to. This Cake can also be made to a marble cake and is optional. It turns out to be fluffy, soft and delicious, all without using eggs. Mashed banana gives a moist and perfect texture to any cake. I try substituting mashed banana for eggs and it always works out for me except that the cakes or breads turn out to be slightly dense than the ones with eggs.
First i will get you thru the step by step pictures.
How to make this Eggless banana marble cake
1. First set the oven to Preheat at 170 deg C. Leave it to heat up for at least 15 minutes
2. Prepare the pan by greasing and flouring lightly
3. Mix the flour, baking powder and baking salt. Break up the lumps of flour. It can be sieved as well
4. Melt the butter and add to mashed banana and vanilla extract
5. Add sugar and mix everything well
6. Add the flour from step 3. Mix well . Set aside half of the batter to another bowl
7. Add cocoa powder to the other half and mix well to break up any lumps
8. Pour batters, starting with white batter and then alternately with cocoa mixed batter. Fill up the pan this way till all the batter is used up.
9. Swirl the batter lightly with a skewer to get a marble effect.
10. Bake this for about 40 minutes, i insist others to check after 30 minutes to prevent over baking. Skewer inserted comes out clean when it is baked fully
11. Leave it to cool for about 10 to 15 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
My Gorgeous looking eggless banana marble cake was ready to enjoy. This cake requires no frosting and tastes good on its own.
here is the Eggless banana marble cake recipe below
- 1 cup ¼ mashed ripe banana
- cup ½ sugar
- 1 cup ¼ plain flour Refer the notes below
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- tsp ½ . baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp . Cocoa powder optional
- cup ¼ of melted butter or neutral oil
Preheat the oven at 170 to 180C for at least 15 minutes.
Grease and lightly flour the pan
Mix flour, baking powder and baking salt and set aside. You could sieve them too.
Mix banana, melted butter and vanilla
Add sugar as well and mix
Add the flour. Mix well to break up the lumps. Set half of this aside
Mix cocoa to the other half of the mix.
Now alternately add cocoa batter and white batter separately to the pan as seen in the image
Take a skewer and then just swirl the batter lightly to give a marble effect. Do not overdo.
Bake it for 30 to 40 mins. Skewer inserted must come out clean
Cool the eggless banana marble cake for 10 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack. Cool it completely and cut.
I use a standard 240 ml cup, it holds flour equal to 130 grams
Tastes best the next day.
Stays good for about 3 to 4 days in refrigerator or for longer if frozen